Re: [Evolution] re-request

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 06:33 -0600, Jack wrote:
On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 11:58 +0100, Joel Louis Blom wrote:
Hi,
I hope somebody has seen my request of last Wednesday as I really need
some help to get my Evolution up-to-date, as I don't want to have to use
outlook for the synchronisation of my PDA.

Hi,
  2 things:
        One: The best way to get the latest evolution is by using Red
Carpet.  As you have FC2, you can get it here.  If you're already
using Red Carpet, I apologize as I don't have an answer for you.
        Two:  I've not been able to get a successful syn of my Palm
Tungsten E on Evo 2.0.1, 2.02., or 2.03 in SuSE 9.2.  Oddly enough it
works in Evo 1.4.6 (on Linspire).  I have asked about this problem
three or four times now and have never received a response from anyone
about it.  So, I think you might just be out of luck on this one.
It's either that or everyone hates me and won't respond to my queries
because of that.  ;-)
----
I surely don't know you well enough to hate you - I always heard it was
familiarity breeds contempt

If it's any consolation to this thread - I cannot sync my Kyocera 7135
with Evolution 2.0.2 (Fedora 3) and Red Carpet seems a little drastic
for my use.

I can easily do (as user)
pilot-xfer -L /dev/pilot

but gpilotd seems broken - deaf to /dev/pilot

Craig