[Evolution] re-request

Hi,
I hope somebody has seen my request of last Wednesday as I really need
some help to get my Evolution up-to-date, as I don't want to have to use
outlook for the synchronisation of my PDA.
My request was as follows:
______________________________
after being helped perfectly last spring with evolution 1.4 I now come
with a new problem. Using Evolution daily I wanted to synchronise it
with my recently acquired HP1940 (WCE2003). I know, MS-trouble, etc but
I use it also as GPS and the alternative is to synchronise with
Outlook(yuck!!).
So I installed synce and I could connect to the device (after some
troubles) but Evolution 1.4.6 didn't seem to know it existed although I
had the specific plugins. Therefore I wanted to upgrade tot E 2.0.1.
However, when I wanted to install the RPM it started to moan about tons
of files missing (libs mostly) but also evolution-data-server. I got the
RPM but trying to install that this install complained I missed libsoup
=2.2.1 so I got libsoup-2.2.1-1... and installed that. However that
complained that evolution -1.4.6-2(installed) needed libsoup-2.0.so.0.
But that library is installed in the correct directory (at least I think
so:/usr/lib) and my Evolution functions correctly.
My Linux is FC2 on a K6 450 Mhz 384 MB 80 GB disk.
Sorry for the long explanation but can anybody show me what I am
missing?
Joep