Re: [Evolution] Memory leak

Just sounds like it was reindexing one of your folders.

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 13:22 -0600, Mike Meyer wrote:
Interesting and coincidental to see that someone on this list had a
memory leak recently, when today, I first encountered one on my system.

I have been running 2.02 evolution for the past few months with little
problem. Am accessing an LDAP database as well and am running Fedora
Linux.

The scenario I had, that I can remember. Was as follows:

1) Opened up an a new message to compose. I may have had another
composition window open at this point as well.
2) During my new composition went back to the main evol screen and
created a new contact. Added the contact. It went into my personal
folder
3) Dragged the new contact into my LDAP folder.
4) Went back to my original composition and started typing.
5) At this point things slowed down to a near halt. So I exitted
evolution.
6) Tried to start evolution, but it would not.

I had to get into command line mode. did a ps -eaf | grep evol command
and saw 4 evolution processes running. I watched as one was using about
8% cpu but the memory was at 78% and was increasing slowly. Killed all
processes via (kill -15) and then logged back into my account.

Was able to get back in and that is how I am sending you mail at this
moment.

Since others have seen this in 2.0.3 and I have in 2.0.2, this appears
to be a common bug that has not been fixed.

I guess I should try and reproduce this and find the trick. When I have
time.

Thanks,
Mike Meyer
GenDesign Corporation