Re: [Evolution] Remote Calendar using https

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 12:52 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 09:44 +0000, Paulo Silva wrote:
Hi to all,

Is it possible to use a remote calendar accessible by https? In the new
calendar dialog, if I use a https link, the "Add Calendar" button
becomes unavailable.

no, it's not possible yet :(

If you're not terribly concerned about security (I am, you may not be),
then you could probably use a VNC applet written in java, to connect to
an Xvnc, in which you could run evolution.

If you are concerned about security, you might still be able to do
something similar with the addition of some form of tunneling, like
zebedee, ssh, PPTP (a protocol designed at Microsoft, and there have
been many problems in Microsoft's -implementation-, but according to
Bruce Schneier, the problems are -only- in their implementation, not in
the protocol's design), IPSEC, OpenVPN, or whatever.

For linux<->linux, openvpn is particularly easy to set up...  That is,
if you're on a 32 bit x86 system - I had to downgrade a x86-64 machine
to FC3 for x86 (32 bit), because the tun module didn't work, and OpenVPN
requires that module (?).