Re: [Evolution] mail directories

On Tue, 2005-12-27 at 16:08 -0500, Faeren Madza wrote:
Robert,

 [1]
 Evo's folder is /home/user/.evolution/ and local mail is kept in
/home/user/.evolution/mail/local.

 [2]
 Folders are organized in IBEX. Being as how I'm not really sure what
that is, the structure is very similar to the maildir structure I've
seen on IMAP servers. The folders for my Drafts, Inbox, Sent and
Outbox are listed like below:

I don't think you understand what we mean by Maildir.

Maildir is a mail storage format that uses one message per file.  It was
created by D.J. Bernstein to address the many problems with mbox (one
huge file with all messages) format that you are certainly familiar with
if you use Evo with huge folders.

http://cr.yp.to/proto/maildir.html

If Evo supported Maildir it would scale to a LOT more messages than it
does.  Currently the performance goes down the tubes with large folders.

Lee