Re: [Evolution] Save Data possible?!

Tamer, please do not hijack unrelated threads. Rather than Replying to
an unrelated post and manually removing the entire quoted text, click
the link style formatted email address. Enable Threading in Evo to see
what I'm talking about.

  View / Group by Threads

      You need to just copy ~/.evolution (will have ur emails, contacts,
appointments etc.), ~/.gconf/apps/evolution and ~/.gnome2_private (for
your remembered passwords). You can put them in your new installation.

Please note: You should do this *before* starting the new Evo for this
user account the first time.

Or even better, before starting GNOME for that account. If the GConf
daemon is already running, copying this data doesn't have the desired
effect. Thus with GNOME running, you nee to stop the gconf daemon and
evolution-data-server first, before copying the data.

$ gconftool-2 --shutdown
$ evolution --force-shutdown

I want to save my Emails, the addressbook and all data from my
useraccount on my linux machine. How do I do that, and how do I restore
the data at a new installation of evolution (freshly baked linux for
example)?!

...guenther

--
A: No.
Q: Should I put my reply above quoted text?