Re: [Evolution] Stupid MUA Behavior (Trash)

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 17:27 +0100, Paul Leyland wrote:
Message: 3
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:09:16 -0400
From: Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj novell com>
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Stupid MUA Behavior (Trash)
To: "Jeffrey D. Means" <meaje meanspc com>
Cc: "evolution lists ximian com" <evolution lists ximian com>

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 07:45 -0600, Jeffrey D. Means wrote:
[snip]

I'm still smarting over losing 11 days of mail through a combination of
incompetence and unfamiliarity with an email client.   When on vacation
a few weeks ago I didn't have proper net access and was reduced to using
a web-mail client to read my accumulated mail.  I tried to mark and
delete all the spam but succeeded in marking and deleting everything.
There was no undelete function  8-(

Fetchmail+an_MTA+IMAP+Apache+a_webmail_app lets you have control.

An urgent mail to my ISP's helldesk revealed that they considered a RAID
array adequate backup.  They were concerned only about hardware
reliability and (apparently) don't take any precautions against
software-inflicted data corruption.

Time to get a new ISP!

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"He used statistics the way a drunkard uses lampposts - for
support, not illumination."
Andrew Lang