[Evolution] Re: mail options
- From: Riccardo Escher <R Escher osram de>
- To: evolution lists ximian com
- Subject: [Evolution] Re: mail options
- Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:27:01 +0200
On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 09:35 -0400, evolution-request lists ximian com
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:25:09 +0300
From: Yavor Doganov <yavor doganov org>
Subject: [Evolution] Re: mail options
On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:13:41 +0200, Riccardo Escher wrote:
I was searching in evolution (2.2.1) for the possibility to set e-mail
options like return-receipt or priority, but I didn't find nothing.
Does somebody know how to set these options?
These are evil features, because:
* A high priority for you might be low priority or even spam for me
* Return receipts, as discussed many times before, are immoral
Once upon a time the Evolution team was swearing that
Ok, thank you, now I know because these features are missing.
So long as someone does nothing against the laws you should let him
decide by himself what is moral or not, you are not the pope and we are
no catechumens; paternalism produces bad software (and yes, I am
immoral :D!). It is not proprietary crap when you want to grab someone
by his b****cks which left you in the lurch.
This time I used thunderbird to set these flags and I am glad that they
will be implemented soon in evolution too.
] [Thread Prev