Re: [Evolution] Evolution on Debian 3.1 Testing

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 20:37 +0100, Mark Wilkinson wrote:
Hi,

I'm writing this from my Windows partition (I'd rather be using my
Debian 3.1 Testing partition) as Evolution crashes upon startup with the
seemingly famous 'This application has quit unexpectedly' message.  I'm

Did it just start dying, or has it never worked?

hoping somebody can tell me:

a)  Whether I should be talking on this list, or finding out who the
Debian maintainer is for the evolution package and talking directly to them.

b) Which log files I should be looking at for further information, and
the best way to provide people with that information.

I appreciate this initial post is too generic for anyone to fix the
technical issue, but I don't want to post pages of irrelevant
information and I don't know my way around the linux logging tools at
present.  If someone can point me in the right general direction I'll
try and figure out the specifics from the man pages.

Try running evo from a terminal window command line.  That may
give you a hint.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Since a politician never believes what he says, he is quite
surprised to be taken at his word."
Charles de Gaulle