Re: [Evolution] Losing Info

The problem is that it will not hold the mail account settings or various parameters I have set up for compose preferences, etc.

Every time I shutdown and restart, it wants to use the account setup wizard as it has lost all my accounts?? I thought that shutting down gconftool-2 while backing up or restoring solved this problem??

Yes it should be.  Hmm, try using gconftool to dump/restore the data to a file rather than backing up its raw files?  That is about all I can think of to get around this strange problem - perhaps something else is restarting gconfd outside of your commands (?).