Re: [Evolution] Losing Info

make sure the %gconf.xml files and directories are writable. sounds like
they aren't.

Jeff

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 05:38 +0930, Mike wrote:
Hi all

Just upgraded from mandrake 10.1 with Evolution 2.0.3 to Mandrake 10.2
with Evolution 2.0.4. This was a clean install with the data from
Evolution being backed up with this script:

cd /
evolution --force-shutdown
gconftool-2 --shutdown
tar
-cjvf /home/mike/backup/evolutionbom.tar.bz2 /home/mike/.evolution /home/mike/.gconf/apps/evolution

I then restored it using:

cd /
evolution --force-shutdown
gconftool-2 --shutdown
rm -rf /home/mike/.evolution/* /home/mike/.gconf/apps/evolution/*
tar xjvf /home/mike/backup/evolutionbom.tar.bz2

The problem is that it will not hold the mail account settings or
various parameters I have set up for compose preferences, etc.

Every time I shutdown and restart, it wants to use the account setup
wizard as it has lost all my accounts?? I thought that shutting down
gconftool-2 while backing up or restoring solved this problem??

Becoming a real hassle putting it all back in each time I start up!!!!

Mike