Re: [Evolution] unsubscribe

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 17:39 +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 11:26 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
Actually, empirical evidence indicates that they are only on original
emails, not replies.

Nope they are on all emails that have gone through the list[*]

The email that I am replying to is a perfect example.

Thats a MIME email (as opposed to plain text).  The list trailer
information is added as text at the end of the message, but not as a
MIME part.  So the information is there but not shown by most email
clients.

Your message included attachments, so was MIME formatted, Andre's
message was GPG signed using MIME format signatures, so again the list
signature did not show up.

It would be nice if Evolution picked up on and allowed use of the List-*
headers which would allow quicker access to unsub info.

Ah, I see that.  Is the mailing list manager or Evo not following RFC?

Whatever the answer is, the reality is that most emails on the list
have attachments (be they html, GPG, images, text file, etc), and
since most of us use Evo, we won't see the unsub info most of the
time.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by
preparing for war."
John F Kennedy