Re: [Evolution] Filter on other than INBOX

Hi NotZed !

Le mardi 12 avril 2005 Ã 09:45 +0800, Not Zed a Ãcrit :
On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 15:56 +0300, Juha Sorensen wrote:
On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 14:40 +0200, Fabian Roth wrote:
Hi all,
I try to run a filter for incomming mails on an other folder than the
INBOX. The account is on an IMAP-Server, where new mails are moved from
Inbox to a different folder. For that folder I like to run all my
filters.

If you're already filtering on the server, you should just do all your
filtering there.  Otherwise, don't do any there and just put the mail
in inbox?  Client-side IMAP filtering is a nasty/slow/unreliable hack,
server-side filtering is much perferrable if available.

What would be pretty cool is a way to assign colors to mails server-
side. Back in the days I tried to insert some X-Evolution-Colors (or
something like that, I can't remember how Evo called this field) to the
mails by hand but it was stripped by Evo. Nowadays it seems Evo stores
that somewhere in the summary. I'd really like to be able to colorize
mails subjects on the server (next step is to edit server-side filters
from within Evo, but I'd be happy with a homemade filer).

Cheers,
        Xav