Re: [Evolution] Filter on other than INBOX

On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 15:56 +0300, Juha Sorensen wrote:
On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 14:40 +0200, Fabian Roth wrote:
> Hi all,
> I try to run a filter for incomming mails on an other folder than the
> INBOX. The account is on an IMAP-Server, where new mails are moved from
> Inbox to a different folder. For that folder I like to run all my
> filters.

If you're already filtering on the server, you should just do all your filtering there.  Otherwise, don't do any there and just put the mail in inbox?  Client-side IMAP filtering is a nasty/slow/unreliable hack, server-side filtering is much perferrable if available.

> Thank you for any tips.
> fabe

AFAIK this is not currently possible. What I've heard is that filtering
is not enabled for folders other than the inbox because of performance
concerns.

Performance is one of the reasons yeah.

This is something I've been hoping for as well, hopefully filtering
arbitrary folders will be allowed in a future release.