[Evolution] Problem migrating to Evolution 2

I am using SuSE 9.1 with ULB GNOME

As part of an upgrade to GNOME 2.8, I installed Evolution 2.
My data were migrated to the Evolution 2 format.

But now, I cannot use my contacts any more.  Trying to open my address book
gives "Error loading addressbook".  I can create a new address book but
then I get the same error.

Any hint?

How can I eventually go back to Evolution 1.4 (I asked during the migration
process that my old data should not be deleted).

Many thanks in advance, Karel De Vriendt