Re: [Evolution] Migration to Evolution 2 in Debian experimental

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 17:33 -0300, Leandro Guimares Faria Corcete Dutra
wrote:
      Sorry for reposting this here from
news://support-forums.novell.com/novell.support.ximian.evolution, but
I’ve notice thing there go unresponded for several days, and I’d like to
take a decision ideally yet today.

      I am running a mix of Debian testing, unstable and Gnome 2.8 from
experimental.

What do you mean by using Debian testing, unstable and package from
experimental?

Did you ever used 1.5 from experimental?

I just upgraded from 1.5.94.1 to 2.0.0 without any problems, so that
could be maybe a bug on the Debian package itself. Have you considered
asking for it a debian-gtk-gnome lists debian org

      Any tips, or should I downgrade to the version in Debian testing?

That shouldn't be necessary. Although, experimental is experimental:

        Warning: The experimental distribution contains software that
        is likely unstable or buggy and may even cause data loss. If
        you ignore this warning and install it nevertheless, you do
        it on your own risk.

:-)

--
David Moreno Garza <damog damog net> | http://www.damog.net/
 GPG 356E16CD - 84F0 E180 8AF6 E8D0 842F  B520 63F3 08DB 356E 16CD