Re: [Evolution] Migration to Evolution 2 in Debian experimental

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 17:33 -0300, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra wrote:
	Sorry for reposting this here from
news://support-forums.novell.com/novell.support.ximian.evolution, but
I’ve notice thing there go unresponded for several days, and I’d like to
take a decision ideally yet today.
Well since none of the devlopers know about that site (well i don't, and i'm about the only one who regularly reads the lists ...); its not surprising.
	I am running a mix of Debian testing, unstable and Gnome 2.8 from
experimental.

	I was already using Evolution before, and my ~/evolution has 112 MiB.
When first running Evolution 2, it started migrating to ~/.evolution,
but the migration progress status screen now doesn’t refresh for several
hours.  Tried already restarting the process to no avail.

	Any tips, or should I downgrade to the version in Debian testing?
>From your other trace i guess it is the addressbook importing?  Its hard to tell, perhaps attach with gdb and get a backtrace so we have a clue as to where exactly it is stopping, and file a bug on bugzilla.ximian.com.  Another way to get a backtrace is to send the process a SIGSEGV using kill -SEGV pid, and if you have bugbuddy installed it will step you through submitting a bug report for it.

At worst as a workaround, you may be able to remove (after a backup of course) the particular folder it is upgrading, and try again to see if it goes through.
--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>
"born to die, live to work, it's all downhill from here"