[Evolution] Re: Migration to Evolution 2 in Debian experimental

Em Mon, 20 Sep 2004 21:32:51 -0500, David Moreno Garza escreveu:

What do you mean by using Debian testing, unstable and package from
experimental?

        Means that the base system is testing (sarge), that I get
various components from unstable (sid), and that Gnome 2.8 I get from
experimental.

Did you ever used 1.5 from experimental?

         Yes, and it did work, but not to my satisfaction, so that I
 held out until 2.0 came along.

I just upgraded from 1.5.94.1 to 2.0.0 without any problems, so that
could be maybe a bug on the Debian package itself. Have you considered
asking for it a debian-gtk-gnome lists debian org

        Yes, but the instruction for users of experimental packages is
to ask for help with upstream, so here am I.

That shouldn't be necessary. Although, experimental is experimental:

      Warning: The experimental distribution contains software that
      is likely unstable or buggy and may even cause data loss. If
      you ignore this warning and install it nevertheless, you do
      it on your own risk.

        I am not too worried because I still have my .evolution
around.

        But I really would like tips on how to proceed.

--
Leandro GuimarÃes Faria Corsetti Dutra     +55 (44) 3028 7467 ext34
Rua Guarani 361 ap 601                           +55 (44) 3025 6253