[Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] Connector 2.0.0 ./configure can't find Kerberos?

 --- Dan Winship <danw novell com> wrote:
evolution-hackers is for discussion of evolution
development. Moving
this to evolution

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 09:43 -0400, ryan dill wrote:
Silly question -- is there a particular way that I
need to ./configure Connector to get it to
recognize a
Kerberos installation?

No. What's the error you're getting? If you look in
config.log, you can
find the exact compiler error that's making it think
kerberos isn't
there.

I've played around a bit since then, and was able to
resolve it, so I don't have the exact error message
from config.log any more. The stderr message was
simply:

checking for Kerberos 5... no
configure: error: Could not find krb5. Install krb5 or
heimdal packages.

It appears that it has to do with static vs. dynamic
libs -- Kerberos by default was creating static libs
on my system and not dynamic, and when the ./configure
for Connector ran, it was apparently looking for
dynamic libs only.

Changing the Kerberos configure parameters from this:

./configure --prefix=$install_dir

to this:

./configure --prefix=$install_dir \
   --disable-static \
   --enable-shared

..and rerunning "make; make install" for Kerberos made
everything work in the Connector configuration and
build.

Cheers..