Re: [Evolution] evo-openldap package

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 14:19 -0400, Dan Winship wrote:

You can. Connector will link statically to openldap if you tell it to
(or if there are no shared libraries), so you can just build openldap
with the patch, and with --disable-shared --disable-slapd --without-
cyrus-sasl, etc, and any prefix you want, then build connector against
that.

I've spent a couple hours trying to get that to work, and I can't get
Connector to recognize my openldap build correctly if there are no
shared libraries.

It's very strange.  If I tell Connector to use the evo-openldap RPM, via
--with-openldap=/opt/evo-openldap, it's fine.  If I tell it to use my
own openldap build without dynamic libraries, using --with-openldap=
$(GARNOME)/evo-openldap, it gets confused somewhere in configure and
ends up using the libraries in /usr/lib, which fails.  Only if my
openldap build uses dynamic libraries does it work.

It's weird because the evo-openldap RPM doesn't have dynamic libraries,
and Connector works with those static libs just fine.

Thoughts?  Is going through the trouble of building Connector with
openldap 2.2.15 worth it, or is evo-openldap-2.0.27 RPM good enough?

Raul