Re: [Evolution] Offline Contacts Do not work

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 11:19 -0400, JP Rosevear wrote:
On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 08:44 -0400, Jeremey Wise wrote:
Last night I had to take my laptop on the road and figured everything
would go fine as I had done this before with 1.4 (now on latest version
via Red-Carpet updater of 1.5/2.0). Went to lookup phone number for a
conference call and all my contacts were gone. I could see all my
emails. I was selected as being offline, but when I clicked on the
"contacts" button and select "Contacts" (vs Global Address List which is
the corporate AD) it showed no users. Only when I plugged in and
established VPN back to corporate would my local contacts appear.

Is their anyone out their who has seen this?

Is their a way to get contacts to stay available or is this a bug?

This is a known issue, something thats never really been supported.
We're going to work on this for 2.2 (not just for exchange, but
groupwise and possibly ldap as well).

-JP

Thanks for the reply. Is their a way to build an IMAP or POP account
which leaves my contacts local or such where I can take contacts
offline? Really need a work around or I will (Unfortunately) have to
convert contacts into some other program.
--
Thanks,

Jeremey Wise
jeremey wise agilysys com

All opinions or information expressed here are personal in nature and do
not reflect the official position of Agilysys Inc.