Re: [Evolution] full-backup?

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 21:23 -0600, Richard Zach wrote:
Of course there's no proof that any of this is related to trying to use
my old .evolution and .gconf/apps/evolution, but it sure seems like it.

I've had similar problems moving evolution to a new machine.  the
various files in .gconf do mention your UID and the machine name (e.g.,
strings like 'uid="1093980720 16409 0 doris"). Maybe someone can tell us
how we have to replace these, or otherwise fix evolution so it recreates
the information in .gconf from the .evolution tree?

What's the UID?

The machine name could be changed with sed, no?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

"The chief excitement in a woman's life is spotting women who are
fatter than she is."
Helen Rowland