Re: [Evolution] full-backup?

On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 16:45 +0200, Christian Buhtz wrote:
Is it possible to backup ALL (mails, settings, filters, everything) in
Evolution? So I only have to load the backup if I reinstall my system.

Do you run the SnapShot? (2.0 Beta) Thats what I run and have done the
following many many times.. my Evo folder is around 2 GIG..

##################################
#GOOD BACKUP
#gconftool-2 --shutdown
#evolution-2.0 --force-shutdown
#cd ~
#tar -
cvzf /home/charles/evolution.tar.gz .evolution .gconf/apps/evolution
#GOOD BACKUP

To be safe, I may move my .evolution and .gconf folder to a tmp location
and tar it up there.. be sure on the new system to have your group ID
and name the same, you can tweak it if you changed it.. (chown, etc)

.evolution is where the mail is stored
.gconf/apps/evolution is where your settings and such are

--Charles