Re: [Evolution] IMAP or POP3 accounts

sounds like what you want is Kerberos (and GSSAPI for IMAP
authentication)

Jeff

On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 16:53 +0200, nick galea wrote:
Hi,

I am considering replacing Outlook on our network (approximately 100
clients) with evolution.

However, i have a number of questions regarding the central management
of Evolution IMAP and POP3 account data for each user in a network:

1. The windows logon provides a single sign on for both windows and
outlook. Meaning that when a user changes his/her password in windows
this is automatic for outlook too. Is it possible to achieve a similar
thing using Evolution and active directory?
2. If this is not possible with active directory then would it be
possible using Novell Edirectory? I.e if i would move from active
directory to novell edirectory for signing on, is there somehow an
integration between Evolution and edirectory which would obsolete the
need for the user to regularly change his IMAP or POP3 passwords even if
he changes his windows or edirectory logon?

If both are not available, does anyone know whether Novell is working on
such an integration? Surely this would make sense for both Evolution and
Edirectory users and since both are owned by Novell....

And if not, does anyone know if this would be relatively easily
developed for Evolution? If there is demand from other users too i would
consider developing such an add-on module.

regards,

Nick Galea