Re: [Evolution] Migrating from Sylpheed-claws to Evolution 2.0

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 09:17 +0100, Gonçalo Marrafa wrote:

Sylpheed lets you export email into mbox format.

Evo lets you import mbox files.

No problem!

The way that Evo locally stores email has nothing to do with
how it gets that email.

In Evo, define a mail account that stores email using MH, and
receives email using POP.

How do i define that i want to receive using POP and store in MH
format? I've found no way of doing this in 2.0!

Geez, you're right.  It expects another process to put the mail
into the relevant MH directory.

That's no huge deal, though.  A lot of us use something like
fetchmail to automatically grab the email from the POP server,
whether Evo is running or not.  In my case, fetchmail passes each
email to postfix, which then dumps each mail into a Maildir folder
using maildrop.

Evo 1.x would let you specify each folder as mbox, MH or Maildir.
That's gone in 2.0, though, and I'd be hopping mad about it, if I
wasn't using IMAP.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

All of the "reporting" about Laci Peterson & Michael Jackson
reminds me of the Don Henley song "Dirty Laundry": "Can we do the
operation? Is the head dead yet? You know, the boys in the
newsroom got a running bet. Get the widow on the set, we need
dirty laundry."