Re: [Evolution] move filter doesn't unless manually applied

file a bug, include your filters file (~/.evolution/mail/filters.xml - or at least the relevent bit), and a test message.

you often have to also put 'stop processing' after the move filter - other filters will process the message otherwise and another one could be catching it.

You can't have subfolders under trash either.  Unless you mean some other separate "trash" and not the evolution "Trash".