Re: [Evolution] howto do junk?

On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 09:28 +0200, Alessio Bragadini wrote:
On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 11:21 -0500, Eric Lambart wrote:

If you've ever used it at all before installing Evolution 1.5+ you may
want to make sure no one else is starting it except Evolution, and you
may also want to consider removing your ~/.spamassassin directory
And why? I don't see any logical reason behind this advice, unless
Evolution calls spamassassin in some strange way.

Well, I started running spamd in Debug mode and it kept complaining
about finding DB version 0 and upgrading to version 2. So I blew away
the db's and started again.

Same effect even after having it learn some 500 junk mail. Slow!!!!

I installed spamassassin god knows how long ago (version 2.63) and I
loved the speed it had in combination with evolution.

As I know for sure I never touched it, I was shocked to see this
slowdown when I went to evo 2.0.1. I am actually thinking of compiling
2.0.0 and testing what happens then. And if that does not help, I am
going to switch of junking in evo alltogether and start junking in the
mta. But I would prefer to know what is happening here.

Ron

--
In remembrance -- http://www.ronsmits.org