Re: [Evolution] howto do junk?

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 09:15 +0200, Ron Smits wrote:
On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 17:45 -0500, Eric Lambart wrote:
Go to Tools->Settings->Mail Preferences->Junk and make sure "Check
incoming mail for junk" is enabled.  If she's using IMAP, you may need
to enable it for each account, too (it'd be under "Receiving Options"
for the account).  I'm not really sure if this is necessary for IMAP or
not, the settings are confusing.

All off that was done before I mailed the list. I think that the
connection between evolution and spamassassin is not working great. What
is the current concensus about that? using the evolution supplied
spamassassin? or installing it yourself. I checked the docs and searched
on the net, but I could not find a clear answer for this

FWIW, I've never used spamassassin except for the one included in
Evolution.

If you've ever used it at all before installing Evolution 1.5+ you may
want to make sure no one else is starting it except Evolution, and you
may also want to consider removing your ~/.spamassassin directory (just
"mv" it to a safe place; I'm sure spamassassin will recreate it).  After
that you may want to log out or reboot to make sure everything starts up
properly.

Eric

--
Please don't "Reply to All"; I don't *want* two copies of your message!
Just use "Reply to List" (Ctrl-L in Evolution).