Re: [Evolution] Physically delete mails on the IMAP server

On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 19:14 +0100, Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina wrote:
Hello,
I use Evolution 1.4 (2.x is not packaged for Debian testing yet) and
IMAP.
Our admin asked us to fire all unneeded messages. OK. That's great, he's
doing his job.
My problem is that messages are not physically deleted onthe server,
though I ask Evo to delete them.
For example there is an IMAP subdir of my INBOX called 'mplayer': If I
Ctrl-a then DELETE all the messages in that folder, I see when I acces
via SSH that $HOME/Maildir/.mplayer/cur is still full of messages.
What's wrong ? And what if I just want to DEL some messages (not all)
but Physically delete them ? Is it an Evolution side configuration? or
is it a server side conf ?

Try Actions->Expunge or Actions->"Empty trash".

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Your opinions are bound to affect the stories you choose to
broadcast [on TV/radio]."