Re: [Evolution] Gmail SMTP Problems

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 07:30:16 -0500, Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper
<vr movingparts net> wrote:
btw, based on the discussions here, it seems that gmail _does_ offer the
ability for mail-users to actually pop/imap their mails to the user's
respective clients??

True or am I mistaken? I always thought it's web-based only like
Yahoo/Hotmail.

I agree--please post your script!  =:)  Also, it looks like gmail only offers
POP right now, correct?  Is IMAP coming, does anyone know?

Well, Gmail also offers SMTP to POP users. :D

If you're using Evolution 2.0.x, you probably don't need this script
because according to another poster, it works on 2.0.x.

Anyway, I'm posting the SMTP proxy script that I used. The user name
and password for Gmail's SMTP is hard coded in the script though.

--
Gideon N. Guillen
gideong gmail com

Take back the web! Download Firefox Today!
http://getfirefox.com