Re: [Evolution] Gmail SMTP Problems

On Thursday 18 November 2004 02:08, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
[snip]
Well anyway, I *solved* the problemusing other means. I can't really
upgrade to 2.0 right now so I wrote an SMTP proxy. Apparently, Gmail's
SMTP server discards authentication credentials if you did any EHLO
after authenticating. The SMTP proxy on Python did the trick.

Although I don't use gmail.

but.. Share!!

btw, based on the discussions here, it seems that gmail _does_ offer the
ability for mail-users to actually pop/imap their mails to the user's
respective clients??

True or am I mistaken? I always thought it's web-based only like
Yahoo/Hotmail.

I agree--please post your script!  =:)  Also, it looks like gmail only offers
POP right now, correct?  Is IMAP coming, does anyone know?

--

 `
 ,