Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.x via red carpet?

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 07:17 -0800, Glen Baker wrote:
It looks like some people are able to find Evo 2.x via red carpet.
However the latest I can find is 1.5 (under a development channel).

The "1.5" (dev. version number) is actually 2.0.2, though not the stable
release.  The last time Ximian built Evo for RH9 was October 12
(evolution1.5-2.0.2.0.200410120626-0.snap.ximian.6.1), and I've been
using that version ever since.  It's pretty stable, and I recommend
using it.

If they want bug reports from RH9 users (aren't there a lot of us
left?), they should probably restart the cron job that was building Evo
for us.

If they don't, those of us using RH9 are going to have to figure out
what to do to take advantage of future bug fixes, but for now, at least
there *is* something fairly recent you can use.  If I ever get around to
building Evolution myself, I will make some RPMs to share, but don't
know if my server can handle the potential traffic.

I'm certainly not about to upgrade to Fedora any time soon.  I'll
probably switch distros first.

Eric