Re: [Evolution] PGP signature as attachment when unverified

correctness of the signature has nothing to do with the presence of the
paperclip icon in the message-list.

I believe that local mail won't show a paperclip if the message is a
multipart/signed, while imap is bugged and shows a paperclip icon for
multipart/signed messages.

known issue, in bugzilla somewhere.

Jeff