Re: Installing -dev packages (was Re: [Evolution] Howto import vCalendar Files (vcf) from the command line?)

On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 10:18 +0800, Not Zed wrote:

*shrug*

we do it, do you expect any sympathy here?  its got nothign to do with

Nope.  That's what broadband is for.

 us, its part of c development on linux and the stupid way packages
work (particularly debians, they have 10x more packages for the same
thing as everyone else does).

Stupid is in the eye of the beholder.

For example, Mandrake was (is?) stupid, because, in order to mini-
mize the number of packages, it made one huge python RPM that
included GTK bindings.

So, sure, Debian has 10 jillion packages, but We Who Use Debian
are glad we have the opportunity to choose a la carte, instead of
a complete meal chosen by someone else.