Re: test versions (was Re: [Evolution] How Best to use Evolution?)

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 13:39 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 21:39 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 09:44 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 15:24 -0500, Neil B. Cohen wrote:
[snip]
[snip]

Well if you can build 'head' cvs, then you can build this branch, at
least right now they align closely.  Its kind of tricky building the
whole lot - i just use 'jhbuild', which builds a "full gnome
tree" (you can tell it only to build evolution and all of its
dependencies - it goes overboard though and builds python for e.g.
because the jhbuild script needs it) copy into wherever you want
(usually /opt/somewhere or ~/gnome).  It takes a long time to run, but
is fairly easy to use and once you've tested you can just blow the
whole lot away without affecting any 'package-installed' software.

You should really back up any data if testing against this particular
branch though since it touches a lot of code and is only lightly
tested.

Yech.  Guess I won't be testing.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

"As I like to joke, I may have invented it, but Microsoft made it
popular"
David Bradley, regarding Ctrl-Alt-Del