Re: [Evolution] export local addressbook to HTML by cron

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 18:49 +0200, Stan Pinte wrote:

Not Zed wrote:

| Sounds like a great contributory project.  Use evolution-data-server
| api's, which can be used without evolution running, to achieve this.
|
| Via code you can access all the information you need to achieve this via
| cron.  Python would be an ideal language for it too (well, if it rocks
| your boat).
|
| Unfortunately - no such tool currently exists ...

well, I am ready to take the challenge!

I would like to write it using python. Therefore, I have two options:

- -know the berkeleydb record format used.
Absolutely do not do this.  Direct access wont give you a lot of services, and may cause other serious issues (locking, inconsistencies, data integrity, etc).
- -wrap a C library that interacts with the storage. (ebook?)
I actually thought there were some python bindings, but I guess I was mistaken.  Well, you can talk the corba bindings via pyorbit, but i'm not sure how much that will let you access - I guess at the least it does give you database type access to the stores.  Which might suffice.  Again I thought there was code that did this out there somewhere (people always claimed that as a benefit from using corba).

I think there are some c# bindings, at least in progress.  pygnome would be a place to start if you wanted to do more complete bindings.

Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>

Ximian Evolution and Free Software Developer

Novell, Inc.