Re: [Evolution] Character encoding and expunge?

FWIW I'm using Evo 1.4.5 oon Gnome 2.2/RedHat RHEL3 ES with Norwegian
Bokmål for my system LANG and I have *never* had this problem even with
mail code expressed by the 2 developers as being wacky. I have no
problem with the mail deletion/expunge feature which Bjørn complained
about.

Well, I don't use no_NO as my system LANG, but that should't make any difference? (I am using ISO8859-1 as system LANG)

[...]

I must say that I really like Evolution and I like the look of the new
2.0 version but until these things are fixed, thunderbird is my game...

then I guess you'll have to stick with thunderbird...

As I wrote in another posting, I just spent an utterly miserable
Saturday implementing Thunderbird 0.6 (English language, 20040502) with
Courier IMAP 3.0.3, Openldap 2.2.11, Postfix 2.1 and umpteen filters,
for users who might not be able to use or want Evo. While it has some
positive points, I was *so* glad to get back to my (Norwegian :) Evo,
that I can't tell you. Thunderbird has so many disadvantages that most
users wouldn't want to use it, given Evo as an alternative. Moreover, it
behaves exactly the same as Evo with regard to deleted mail - one has to
"compact" folders to expunge, just as with Mozilla Messenger.

Well, actually you don't need to do that in thunderbird! There is an option on what thunderbird should do when it deletes a message...
btw, what disadvantages are these??

BTJ