Re: [Evolution] Future of Evolution

oh, and just because "kmail has it" doesn't make it a good idea. in
fact, it is probably a good reason NOT to have it (I think a lot of the
kmail features are crack).

Jeff

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 13:28 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 19:08 +0200, Job 317 wrote:
On 21-May-2004 17:57:20 +0200, you wrote:
On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 16:52, Job 317 wrote:
Where can I find information about future releases and feature
additions
for Evolution?

Specifically, I am interested in knowing when the next major release
of
Evolution is due.

2.0: Q3

Great.

Third, I would like a Bounce option for SPAM. Is this available? If
not,
will it be?

Why would you want to bounce SPAM?

Admitedly, a lot of SPAMers these days don't care whether the target is
active or not and don't check. They will likely spoof the source address
anyway. However, it is a nice feature to make the spammer think that
your e-mail address does not exist. Also, other mail clients (e.g.
KMail) do currently support this feature.

this is a totally wasteful feature to have. it does nothing but kill
more bandwidth and create even more amounts of spam. What if the
original spammer spoofs someone's email address and you hit bounce?
well, now *that* user gets hit with extra spam... creating a world of
even more pain and suffering. Besides, do you *really* think they pay
attention to what addresses bounce? hell no, it's not economical to do
so.

it's better to just leave the spam be and get on with your life. don't
contribute to the problem.

Any comment on the PGP-inline feature that I mentioned in my original
post?

have you coded it yet?

Jeff

--