Re: [Evolution] Triple alarm windows

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 04:30, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 20:19 -0400, John T. Guthrie wrote:
Hi all,

Whenever I have an alarm go off, Evolution seems to throw up *three*
windows, all of them identical, each time that an alarm is supposed to
go off.  I've been looking for some kind of setting, but haven't been
successful.  Does anyone know of a way that I can get evolution to go
back to throwing up one alarm window per alarm?

do you have more than one alarm daemon running? (ps ax | grep alarm)

cheers

Nope, I only have one alarm process:

riemann_1134% ps ax | grep alarm
5519 ?        SN     0:00
/usr/libexec/evolution/1.4/evolution-alarm-notify
--oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Calendar_AlarmNotify_Factory
--oaf-ior-fd=23
11904 pts/4    SN     0:00 grep -n alarm

(That alarm process is split over several lines.)  Okay, this is real
weird.  I just used --force-shutdown to restart evolution, and several
new reminders that I just did set are coming up in just singles.  There
should be some other alarms in about 6 hours that have been coming up
for several weeks as triples despite having used --force-shutdown in the
past.  I'll let you know how what happens with them.  (I still have only
one alarm process both before and after --force-shutdown.)  Now some of
these events have multiple alarms in them.  Could that be causing some
sort of problem?  (I'm just grasping at straws here.)

I really don't like it when problems solve themselves for no apparent
reason.

Thanks for your help.

--
John Guthrie