Re: [Evolution] HTML mail

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 12:49 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 11:28 -0600, Gautam Apte wrote:
Sorry if my mail was a bit misleading, but what I actually want to know
is if there is an option to see text only mail. i.e turn off all html
mail.

Seriously, though, what do you mean?  Filter out the html, and only
display text?

I think that an option in the email (alongside the option to turn on
HTML editing) that says "prefer plain text" (or something like that)
would do what Gautam wants.  The mail viewer would then show the plain
text section, if it exists (many HTML mailers include the same text in a
plain text section).  To keep the coding easier, if a plain text part
does not exist, then it would go back to showing the HTML (instead of
trying to strip out HTML tags).

Lonnie Borntreger