[Evolution] exchange SSL connector issue

Ok I managed to talk our windows admins to move my account to the new
2003 exchange server @ work, and have installed the new open sourced
connector.

Now my firm uses OWA on some front facing boxes so reading the doco I
need to point the connector at them.

But all I get is :-

"Could not retrieve list of standard folders"

Having a google, this looks like an SSL issue, but as you can imagine
they're not just going to turn it off so my evo works :(

Is this a show stopper, can I connect with SSL and what should the
passwd be, plaintext or secure?

Cheers for any help

Lee