Re: [Evolution] No new mail detection

how are you 'importing mail'.

for imap you should just setup an imap account, and do no importing.  hitting send/recv or just reading messages should update the folders.

On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 01:57 -0400, Jeff Martin wrote:
Something about my setup is not allowing evolution to detect new mail.
Once I run evolution for the first time (and import my existing IMAP
mail), evolution will never ever pick up any new mail again. Restarting
evolution (nor linux) doesn't help.

Mandrake linux 10.0
evolution: 1.5.7-2mdk
imap-2002d-8mdk

using IMAP from my own local machine (mozilla-mail and other IMAP
clients work fine). I do store my IMAP folders in my home directory so
that they are included in backups, such as
[jeff server jeff]$ ls -als /var/spool/mail/jeff
0 lrwxrwxrwx  1 root mail 21 Jul 27  2003 /var/spool/mail/jeff ->
/home/jeff/mail/Inbox

Any ideas?

Jeff