Re: [Evolution] Evo: backing up & restoring to new machine

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 11:56 -0600, John Schmidt wrote:

Don't want to beat this topic into the ground, but...I went back and
tried this method suggested by Not Zed.  I killed gconf on both
machines, killed evolution on both machines and rsync'd the evolution
and .gconf trees over again.  It did not restore my environment back
to what I expected.

Did you just "kill" Evolution, or run "evolution --force-shutdown"?  The
latter option should be run before backing up (or restoring) any files,
because it causes information held in memory to be written to disk.

Eric

--
This message was created in a Microsoft-free computing environment.