[Evolution] Re: Tasks forwarded as iCalendar attachments not updating

Hello again,

Sorry for the reply to myself.  I forgot to mention that I'm using evolution
1.4.5-7 on RedHat Fedora Core 1.

Sincerely,

John Guthrie
guthrie counterexample org

Hello all,

I've been fowarding some tasks as iCalendar attachments, and when the
recipient gets them, evolution displays them the way that it displays
other iCalendar files, giving you the ability to choose where you want the
task to go.  If you try to click on "update" however, then you get a
message window that says "Object is invalid and cannot be updated".  On the
command line, evolution outputs the message:

(evolution:16731): cal-client-CRITICAL **: file cal-client.c: line 2804 (cal_client_update_objects):
assertion `client != NULL' failed

(The 16371 is replaced by the PID of the evolution process.)  Now if I save
the attachment out as a separate file, and then try to import that file, then
everything works fine.  I don't know if there is a problem with trying to
update tasks that don't exist yet, as I am doing here.  Right now, I'm at a
loss on what to do.  I don't know if I'm doing something that's braindead
or if this is a real bug.  Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.