Re: [Evolution] Final Leap

Well i dont live in the USA, so DMCA is irrelevent (for now, till 'they' bully our laws to match).

Anyway, these are NOT anti copying measures at all, merely an undocumented format, so I very much doubt DMCA has anything to say on the matter.  DMCA is all about intentional anti-copying mechanisms, of which PST isn't an example.

Besides, you're not going to get sued for converting your email.

Its all just bullshit anyway.

On Sun, 2004-05-16 at 21:53 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 10:08 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 12:44 -0400, Wise, Jeremey wrote:
[snip]
> > 	c) Is their an import tool from an Outlook Archive?
> There's a tool called outport I think?  And the libpst code also has a
> tool to dump a PST file into a set of standard unix mailboxes; i don't
> know whether those tools provide what you need.  Use google, or
> freshmeat to find them.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2003/04/msg00256.html

I think the only apps that don't breach DMCA are ones that
are restricted to OE 4.x.

The best thing to do now in use *Windows* Mozilla to convert from
PST to mbox.

Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>

Ximian Evolution and Free Software Developer

Novell, Inc.