Re: [Evolution] Connector GPLed!!!

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 17:12 +0200, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
tir, 11.05.2004 kl. 18.03 skrev Jeffrey Stedfast:

> Yea, we know :-)

Relax, man. Evo (1.4.x) is arguably the best all-round client out there
- apart for those sysadmins with a large user base and limited central
storage (Evo can take literally hundreds of MB home directory space per
user). I install Linux LTSP terminal server stuff and have to cope with
Only if they have literally hundreds of MB of email ...
competitive tenders. I'd like to see a basic redesign of the whole IMAP
directory setup. Mozilla is just as bad, notwithstanding, but there are
IMAP?  What do you mean?  IMAP directory setup is completley up to the user.
more economical clients (Kmail for a start).
In what way?  Our only overhead is indexes and summary files which are a tiny fraction of the actual message content.
So don't rest on any laurels you might have, Ximian. Design something
better. And don't get carried away about Novell's "new" desktop.
I don't even run gnome; it does nothing for me but make it harder to get a bash session going!

Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>

Ximian Evolution and Free Software Developer

Novell, Inc.