Re: [Evolution] Various Details

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 08:43, Wise, Jeremey wrote:
I have continued my quest to work with Evolution to make it fully
functional for my needs. Here are a few issues that I would like to
resolve to assist this process.

1) My calendar pop-ups do not contain any details about what the subject
is about. I know their was a bit of conversation about this earlier but
I did not find any resolution. I am going to migrate to a new laptop in
a few weeks, will going to 1.5 be the fix for this?

2) I have poked around and tried to figure out how to set Evolution to
us US Letter paper as the default but have not made any progress. This
is the only application that defaults to it.

3) In viewing folders and mailboxes is their a way to have all threads
display "collapsed" by default. For the user groups I participate in it
makes parsing the head subject or reviewing historical emails much
easier.

I think the only way to do this currently is to edit the galview files
by hand:

~/evolution/config/et-expanded-*

change them from:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<expanded_state vers="2" default="true"/>

to:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<expanded_state vers="2" default="false"/>

4) I know this is a likely off topic but I am still looking for a way to
integrate Mozilla seamlessly into Evolution. I am trying to get it to
open up a new session using the 'default' session and initiate a new
tab.

you simply need to configure your URL handlers properly in the GNOME
Control Centre to do what you want.

5) Back when I had to use MS Lookout my signature would aways apply and
would apply right after my typed message (actually my signature was put
in prior to my typing; the curser would always be started above it). I
have gotten some complaints back from people that my header info (aka
contact info) is missing. Personally I think they can get over it but my
manager has told me to see if I can fix it. It is "corporate policy" to
have my signature always attached so If I could force all emails to have
it by default that would save me the effort of having to remember to
apply it.

Have you tried creating a new signature and then editing your account(s)
and setting the signature as the default?

Actually, come to think of it... that might be broken in 1.4 as I had to
rewrite that code to get it to work in 1.5. If the above doesn't work,
you can use gconf-editor to edit your gconf settings for
/apps/evolution/mail/accounts and set the signature id manually
(granted, not very user-friendly but it'd work).

Jeff