[Evolution] Weird failure notification, ghost-setting?

Evolution 1.4.  Has been working just swimmingly until 3 days ago.  If nothing in outbox, I can receive.  If something in the outbox, I get a SMPT error:  RCPT to my work email name mypersonalpop net.  but my personal pop email user name is not the work name.  there is nothing i can find in the Tools|Settings|Accounts GUI that contains the string <<my.work.email.name> or anything that associates the work email name to my personal pop server account.

I don't know how this "bad" setting on SMTP got in there, or what it is meaning.  Can anyone help?

melissa