Re: [Evolution] problem with word-wrap during message compose
- From: Randal Jarrett <rsj radio org>
- To: guenther <guenther rudersport de>
- Cc: evolution lists ximian com
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] problem with word-wrap during message compose
- Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 22:45:28 -0400
Thanks for the information. When I changed to 'monospace' font it fixed
the problem but it doesn't seem very logical that there would be the
ability to change the terminal font to something more pleasant and not
have it work properly.
I would deem this more a bug.
On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 17:08, guenther wrote:
Last month when I was writing a message the compose window started
word-wrapping at about 36 characters. The outbound message was ok.
I went through everything I could find in the settings and in the files
in my home directory but no luck.
Anyone have any suggestions ?
Yep, this one comes up every few weeks. There are 2 possibilities that
could cause this:
- The font size used for composing messages is way too huge. This will
cause the text to wrap at the right window border. Decrease the font
size or increase the width of the Composer window.
- Rather than a monospaced font, you are using a font with variable
width for Composing text/plain messages. Set
Tools / Settings / Mail Preferences / General / Terminal Font
to a sane monospace font.
RSJ Consulting, Inc
] [Thread Prev