Re: [Evolution] DATA termination response error: Service not available, closing transmission

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 21:25 -0500, brad mcneely verizon net wrote:
When I try to send messages, I often, but not always, get this error and the message is not sent:
DATA termination response error: Service not available, closing transmission channel

I'm running Evolution 1.4.5 on a machine I just loaded SuSE 8.2 on.  Here's a trace I took using this command:
env CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1 evolution >& /tmp/camel.out

Does it take a while to timeout?  Or is it all pretty well straight through and fail?

It looks like the connection is being cancelled by the server  at the final step of sending '.\n'.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Brad McNeely

Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>

Ximian Evolution and Free Software Developer

Novell, Inc.